Trowel of Excellence
What is the Trowel of Excellence (TOE)?
The Trowel of Excellence is recognition that a Tile (stone) installation member company performs the highest level of quality installations and is committed to the betterment of the Tile Industry.
Is the certification for an individual or company?
The company is certified.
Who can apply for a TOE Certification?
Must meet all criteria.
- A member in good standing of TCAA
- A signatory contractor in good standing with IUBAC
- A contributor to International Masonry Institute
- A company who has been in the tile contracting business under the same name for a minimum of five years
Who determines if applicants are certified?
The Board of Directors of the Tile Contractors' Association of America
What are the education requirements?
The education hours can come from a combination of company employees
- Completion of at least 8 hours of educational programming within the past 2 years. Attendance at a TCAA Convention within 12 months of this application fulfills the education requirement.
What is required as evidence of financial responsibility?
A bond or CURRENT insurance certificate is required with the application.
What must be submitted with an application?
- Completed Application Form
- Three Letters of Reference
- Body of Work Photos (projects submitted in the TCAA Project of the Year competition within 24 months of the date of this application automatically fulfills this requirement.)
- Bonding Instrument AND/OR Certificate of Insurance
- $200 Certification Fee
When will TOE certifications be awarded?
Certification becomes effective immediately upon review and approval of a company’s application and supporting documents by the TCAA Board of Directors. The company is entitled to display the Trowel of Excellence logo on its materials as soon as it receives notification that its application for certification has been approved. The company is also recognized at the TCAA Annual Convention with presentation of the Trowel of Excellence certificate.
What is the deadline for submitting applications?
Applications are considered at regularly scheduled meetings of the TCAA Board. In order to receive certification in time for convention recognition, the application must be received at least two weeks prior to the opening convention date.
- Click here to access the Trowel of Excellence application form.
- Click here for a list of Certified Trowel of Excellence Contractors.
Tile Contractors' Association of America
10434 Indiana Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64137