Trowel of Excellence
What is Trowel of Excellence Certification?
The Trowel of Excellence certifies that a Tile (stone) installation contractor consistently performs the highest level of quality installations, demonstrates integrity and superior business practices and is committed to the betterment of the Tile industry.
Trowel of Excellence certification resides with the installation company. To qualify for certification, an installation contractor must meet all of the following criteria:
· A member in good standing of TCAA
· A signatory contractor in good standing with International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (IUBAC)
· A contributor to the International Masonry Institute (IMI)
· In the tile contracting business under the same name for a minimum of five years
What are the requirements for Trowel of Excellence Certification?
A detailed description of requirements can be found on the Trowel of Excellence application and include:
· Completion of at least 12 hours of educational programming within the past 2 years
· Evidence of Financial Responsibility, Safety Training and Installer Certifications
· Submission of 2 representative (body of work) projects
· Letters of Reference from Architects, General Contractors and Vendors
Who determines if a Trowel of Excellence application is approved?
Applications are reviewed by the TCAA Board of Directors which makes the final determination.
What is the duration of Trowel of Excellence Certification?
Certification is valid for 3 years, after which the contractor must apply for re-certification every 3-years.
Is there a deadline for submitting a Trowel of Excellence application?
Applications may be submitted at any time. Typically, a contractor will receive notification if the application is approved within four weeks of submission.
- Click here for the Trowel of Excellence application form and instructions.
- Click here for a list of Trowel of Excellence Certified Contractors.
For more information, contact TCAA Executive Director Carole Damon at 800-655-8453 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tile Contractors' Association of America
10434 Indiana Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64137